|The News, August 11, 1917|
Louis Prévost is mentioned as having brought the seed first and then B.F. Fox (sic) and then later Mr. John Rock. Several old trees are mentioned. The three oldest are from the Prévost's gardens. Two "on the Porter block" and a palm in front of the McKee house. Mr. Albert Schroeder obtained some from Mazatlan. The Vendome Hotel had some as well as Governor Latham in Menlo Park. "Forty years ago palms were all the rage."
So were there palms planted at Mission San Jose?